Domestic Partnership Registry
The rights and benefits extended by the Domestic Partnership Registry and Ordinance No. 41-13 are effective only within the corporate limits of the City of Pensacola.
Registering a domestic partnership with the City entitles partners to the following rights:
- Healthcare visitation
- Healthcare decisions
- Inclusion in notifications of family members
- Funeral and burial decisions
- Correctional facility visitation
- Preneed guardian designation
- Participation in education
For more information, see Ordinance No. 41-13.
You do not have to be a resident of the City of Pensacola in order to register a domestic partnership. However, the two partners must meet the following criteria:
- Both partners must be at least eighteen (18) years old and competent to contract
- Neither partner may be currently married under Florida law or be a partner in any other domestic partnership or civil union
- The partners may not be related by blood as defined by Florida law
- The partners must live together in a mutual residence
Citizens can register a domestic partnership one of two ways:
Register in Person
Citizens may register by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. Registration will take place in the City Clerk's office on the third floor of City Hall.
To make an appointment, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (850) 435-1606.
What to bring:
- Both partners must be present
- Photo Identification – Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID*
- Fee (cash or check made payable to City of Pensacola)
- Two witnesses**
*As proof of identity, both partners must present one of the forms of identification listed in the Florida Governor's Reference Manual for Notaries, including but not limited to: Driver’s license or identification card issued by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles; Passport issued by the U. S. Department of State; Passport issued by a foreign government, if stamped by the U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service; Driver’s license issued by a territory of the United States, another state, Canada or Mexico; Identification card issued by a territory of the United States or a state other than Florida; Identification card issued by any branch of the U.S. armed forces; An identification card issued by the U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Register by Mail
Citizens may also download the necessary form(s) from this website and return them to the Office of the City Clerk by mail once completed and notarized.
To establish a domestic partnership, use the following form:
To amend names or addresses of already-registered partnerships, use one of the following forms:
To terminate a partnership, use one of the following forms:
Once completed and notarized, please return by mail to the following address:
Office of the City Clerk
City of Pensacola
P.O. Box 12910
Pensacola, FL 32521